The same delicious smoky flavour arises in food whenever your smoker is properly cleaned from the previous cooking’s burned grease or rust. Cleaning an electric smoker is very necessary to maintain the taste level of your barbeque meals. In this article, we’ll guide you about cleaning electric smoker with vinegar to prolong the life of your electric smoker.
Vinegar is the best disinfectant as well as serves well for cleaning purposes. So, it is widely used to clean multiple things and to get rid of infectious microorganisms. It almost cleans approximately 80% dust and tough grease within few minutes.
Step-by-Step Guide for Cleaning an Electric Smoker with Vinegar
Here you will find a perfect guide for cleaning all the parts of an electric smoker with vinegar.
1- Prepare your smoker for clean-up
Before starting the cleaning, make sure that your electric smoker is cooled down after smoking. But if it was kept idle from previous some days, heat it first and clean it after it is cooled down. So, you can start your cleaning with the exterior frame, glass, and handles of the smoker.
2- Start Cleaning with Exterior of Smoker
There is no vinegar required for cleaning the exterior of the smoker until and unless there is deep, tough grease accumulated. Usually, it gets dirty from the dust that comes with wind and due to exposure to sunlight. So, you can clean the external parts of your electric smoker with a damp soft cloth.
3- Cleaning of the Internal Parts of Electric Smoker
Interior cleaning is a kind of long and time-gaining process as all smoke and grease mainly accumulate inside. The cooking chamber of the smoker needs to be cleaned properly to maintain the taste of food in another smoking meal party. Follow the steps to let your smoker get rid of all dirty components.
- The primary work is to take out all the removable parts of an electric smoker. It includes a wood pan, drip pan, cooking racks, ash box, and others.
- Clear the wood pan from burnt woods, and dripping trap from the dominant grease as much as possible to start the deep cleaning process with vinegar.
- Dispose of all the garbage of the extinguished chips from the ash box in a non-combustible container or trash box safely.
- Prepare a cleaning solution by adding apple cider vinegar and warm water equally in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on all the parts containing tough grease and oil stains of the cooking chamber, dripping tray, or smokebox.
- Let the vinegar and warm water work on it for approximately five to ten minutes depending on the toughness of stains.
- Now, remove all the stains by scrubbing them with a soft bristle brush or wiping it with a damp cloth.
4- Cleaning of Internal walls of Smoker
Internal walls’ cleaning is also important to maintain the Smokey flavour. As the smoke with grease droplets strikes the interior walls, it gets deposited in walls and makes them dirty and oily. So, you can follow few simple steps for its cleaning:
- Cover the internal base of the smoker with a newspaper, cloth, or a sheet properly till the corners.
- Spray the same solution of warm water and apple cider vinegar on the walls and corners.
- Let it perform its fighting-with-stains action for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Scrub it with a soft bristle brush or scraper (depending on the toughness of stains) to shed off the debris.
- Now, gently and properly remove the base paper with all the dirt and dispose of it.
- Wipe the interior of the smoker with a soft damp cloth.
You are done with the cleaning process. Put all detachable parts back, and your clean electric smoker is ready to provide a flavorful meal again!
The best way of cleaning electric smokers with vinegar is described above for your ease to help you get rid of all the hindrances that could add bad flavour to the food. So, apply it and enjoy your flavorful Smokey food every time.
Precautions: Make sure that you’re wearing hand gloves and a face mask during cleaning your electric smoker.